Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I have taken walks all week. My face feels rosy, flush, and I feel really good about my body and being alive. Then I don't feel bad about my tummy sticking out, or my lethargic body.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I admire different articles on women. All kinds of random articles that look great, and look like they have some cool thought behind them.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I admire women who stand straight and tall, no matter their size. Who look effortlessly not sloppy.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Ever since I was a really little kid, I had my own desire to be me, and not dressed up. It drove my mom crazy because I had this pale pink turtle neck that I had to wear all the time, even when it had stains on it. I love having my own style and perception of myself.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I shop mostly online because if I go to the store I'll buy too much. Buying online is tricky though, and a lot of times doesn't work out quit right.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I don't like to wear dresses that make me look good or sexy. I don't like the learyness associated with looking good.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
I try to dress better around my mom, because she said once that our second cousins really new how to dress.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
I would get a generic shirt, think I loved it, and buy a bunch. Then I would realize I didn't like it because it was too tight between my boobs. So, then I would be on an expedition to get the perfect shirt. And I finally think I have found it. It is super comfy, loose, but not baggy. It hides my sexiness (I work in manufacturing with men), so that makes me feel really comfortable. I'm not worrying about what men are looking at.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
I don't know. I'm not very good at interpreting other people's style desires.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Ugs....ugly :) to me
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
I am fit and thinner, and my mom is bigger and more elegant. We both have a fun style though.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
My coworker uses crystal deodorant, and now I do.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
I live and have always lived in Kansas. I was born in 1982.
What kind of work do you do?
I work in manufacturing as an artist, soon to be just artist.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Married with no kids.
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I liked the interview I heard on Q.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
I feel good about myself, and great that I get to have choices in life.