Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
In the morning after I exercise, shower and dress…feeling fresh and energetic.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes. I tend to notice women who appear confident, good posture and a smile.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
When women take the time to make themselves beautiful, whether it's the addition of accessories, a scarf, a piece of jewelry, lipstick, great earrings, etc. It shows that they care about themselves.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
After coming through the 60's & 70's and back to nature movement, someone told me to always dress like I was going "to meet my lover." That really effected me and now I try to keep that in mind when I am rushing out the door….
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I usually am attracted to color…and when I shop I am particular about what I'm shopping for. I don't waste time looking at stuff I didn't go into the store for. I focus on the job to be done.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Clothes must be comfortable, clean, stylish, good colors for my skin, fit properly and say something about how I feel that day.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
See No. 4 above.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
I like to make a plan and try to stick to it - and if goes another direction, just flow with it. I research all options on bigger financial decisions.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Soft t-shirts that fit well of all colors…also jeans and good walking shoes & sandals. These are the basic comfortable daily clothes that I wear - then dress up as necessary - resorting to a skirt for special occasions and shorts in the summer.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Yes. I love to give my girlfriends and sisters beautiful jewelry, scarves, etc. to wear.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Drop crotch pants are ridiculous…..extremely unattractive. Also - pants so low in the back that your butt crack hangs out. No way. Also refuse to wear heels so high that I am in pain. Crazy.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My mother always had good style, although a bit too polyester for me. My body is very much like hers but I dress more casual.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Nah…..I like to watch what other women wear in person, in social settings and in magazines and then make choices based on my body type, skin color and age.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Only when I was working full time did I wear suits and heels. Never again!
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
Rounded, full breasted, petite.
17. Please describe your mind.
Quick and intelligent.
18. Please describe your emotions.
Close to the surface.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
jeans, long sleeved aqua t-shirt, hair very short - boy cut.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
How we see ourselves and others is interesting….not all that important.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
1948, Los Angeles and now live in Mendocino County.
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
Mexican-American working class background….
What kind of work do you do?
Retired lawyer, mediator, artist. Still an artist.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Married, grown children (2 sons).
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I'm 65…very active, mosaic artist living in the country but still go to the city for art & music.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?