Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I wear my black skinny jeans, black chunky boots and a shirt.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes. Women that look comfortable on their skin and sure about themselves.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Sense of humor and confidence on themselves
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
I have curly hair and for so many years I tried to have it straight. At the end, I decided to accept that my hair was curly. Also, my skin have some redness above the nose, and I decided to embrace that because when I tried to cover that, it looks so artificial. In terms of fashion, nowadays I prefer wearing simple clothes without patterns because I can not combine them properly.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I prefer going shopping by myself, but I understang it could get a little boring
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Black skinny jeans all day long, and comfy jumpers.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
With my best friend, we were laughing at some photo of myself when I was sixteen. I couldn't combine patterns.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
I prefer simple things in every aspect of my life
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Black skinny jeans. I look for the perfect shape for my body
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Wearing ugly shoes. I don't understand it.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
Totally. My mum loves to wear shirts and blouses, and I love it too.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Yes, I get inspired by all the people that surrounded me.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
When I was nineteen-twenty. I stopped wearing hoodies, and began wearing more femenine clothes.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
I don't think so
16. Please describe your body.
I'm a short person with curves and a little bit of tummy. My hips are a little bit prominent.
17. Please describe your mind.
I'm a person with a ironic and good sense of humor, kind and worried about the things that happen around myself
18. Please describe your emotions.
Nowadays, I'm feeling good. Not so much with my body, but with myself as a person.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
I'm not wearing any makeup at all, my hair is naturally curly so I'm wearing it like that. And in terms of clothes, I'm wearing a black t-shirt, black skinny jeans and black pair of boots.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
I have acne, but I don't mind going outside with no makeup at all. And I wear black skinny jeans because I think that they go well with my body shape.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
Two of my best friends
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
If I'm going to uni I don't think so much about what I'm wearing because I just want to be comfortable. But if I'm going to a special event, I try to put myself together.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I think I have taste now, not so much two years ago. For me, the two are very important. Taste is the capability to choose good clothes and style is the way you put them together.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
A pair of black boots that were so uncomfortable
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
A pair of black chunky boots make my legs seem skinnier.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
Music, I think.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
When I have a date I try to go comfortable, so I don't think about the clothes and I can focus on the other person and what he makes me feel.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
When I was sixteen my mum tried to make me wear more colour because she said that I was always wearing black. And my dad tried to make me wear more dresses. He loved when I wore a dress.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
I wear a red lipstick -which I love- and a blouse.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
Comfortable means that they are in peace with themselves, and confident that they are comfortable in their own skin.
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
I would say that I try to be comfortable all the time and like to myself.
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
Confidence in your own person.
34. What do you consider very ugly?
Be mean to other people
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
I think they would like my eyes and hair. I don't know what they can dislike.
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
Confidence and respect
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
Dressing is what I do every day, dressing up is what I do in special ocasions
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
Skinny jeans and a comfy sweater
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
Boots is me, and heels is not me.
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
I still go to uni so everybody look seminormal every day. They don't dress up to go to class.
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
When I went to school I wore so many hoodies, and I did that because I didn't like myself
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
I try to make my hair look nice, and my makeup as natural as I possibly can.
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
I don't have any dress expectations in my workplace
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
I find it comforting
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
Skinny jeans and sweaters, because it is very comfortable
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
I wish I can wear a suit, but not so much to have a men body shape. I like being a woman.
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
The 50's in Hollywood
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
That I'm not ugly
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
Taylor Swift and Audrey Hepburn
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
Wearing heels every day
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
A pencil skirt
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
Leggins are not trousers. Stop trying.
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
Yes, but not every day because I forgot about it
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
Have a shower -very important-, not having breakouts and a smile in my face
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
For me makeup is a way of making me feeling better about myself. Also, is a game.
63. Is there a certain look you feel you’re expected to like that you have absolutely no interest in? What is it? Why aren’t you interested?
A cape, I'm not interested because I'm short and they feel me shorter
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
I only wear a small watch, and clothing wise I am very simple.
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
My mum's watch and my leather jacket
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
A jacket that I don't know how to combine. It's strippy in burgundy and blue.
67. Looking back at all your purchases over the past five to fifteen years, can you generalize about what sorts of things were the most valuable to buy?
My leather jacket
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
01/12/1992. I was born in Madrid and still live there
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
I'm studying arabic language, fair skin and good economic position.
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Single with no kids
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I like my sense of humor
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
It made me think about myself, and that's a good thing
I don't always love myself, but I'm trying.