Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I am in a good mood!
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I love women with a boyish style, women who feel confident about their body and that have a personal style.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Self confidence no matter what!
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
I love natural style, meeting people who are always themselves is inspiring.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Nothing in particular.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
What I wear depends on how I feel. I don't have any dressing rule.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
As a fashion designer, everyday I have conversations about this kind of "style" subject. The conclusion for me is that you have to wear clothes you're confortable in to feel confortable about yourself.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
At first I am shy, I don't like people who invades my personal space or confort zone at the first moment. I like knowing people or things little by little so I don't feel that it is a personal intrusion.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Nothing in particular. I like wearing the same thing if I am confortable in it but I prefer buying different items.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Yes! Traveling I "discovered" that I don't need so many things in my closet. So things that I knew I wasn't wearing or using enough, I preferred to give them to someone else.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Yes! A lot! I don't like wooden clogs, fringes, synthetic fur coats that make you look like a teddy bear(or natural ones) among others.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
Nothing. In fact, my mother was not interested in fashion until I started showing to her that being comfortable and good looking was possible.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
I think that my style didn't change dramatically, it was more a slow change, while I was discovering myself.
16. Please describe your body.
I am thin, 1,73cm high, brown hair and eyes.
17. Please describe your mind.
Looking for freedom.
18. Please describe your emotions.
Nervous or quiet.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
I am wearing pajamas, clean face and o freshly washed, towel dried hair.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
Friends, family and boyfriend. Clothes are in some way my life, I mean, I am going to work in fashion all my life. People whom I am surrounded by ask me about their clothes, where they can buy something in particular, what is the best shape for their body...
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
Even if I want something in particular, fashion industry is the cause why I will not find what I am looking for if it is not an actual trend.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I think I have good taste (which defines how you can mix clothes and patterns) and style (which defines the total look and matches with your body language and person). For me the important thing is having something personal.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
Yes! I usually have to be 150% sure about something if I buy it. I say "I am falling in love" in a very superficial way, but as a designer, something that creates emotions in me has some potential, and I really don't use to buy a lot of clothes. So one day I bought something on the internet (a genuine leather jacket) that ended being a synthetic leather jacket. I have dermatitis, that's why I try only to wear cotton clothes or leather clothes because plastic doesn't let my skin breathe and causes me more dermatitis.
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
Not really. I like mixing neutral colors, black grey white or pale pink.. Some magentas or dark blues. Maybe my personal trick would be mixing clothes, not following trends or just being "normcore"
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
Yes, in illustrations, collages..
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
For job interviews, even if it's skype interviews, I like feeling pretty so I wear heels, perfume..
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
Yes, I always know what I like. That doesn't mean I want it, but I know what fits with my style, what I will end up wearing... And I am good at discernment. Usually I like spending some time thinking about if what I am going to do is good or not for me... I don't know where it comes from, maybe from my childhood, when I just said yes to everything, and were not able to choose by myself.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
I just pick thinks up!
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
I put some mascara and blush, just to feel a bit more confident but not like a doll.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
Being comfortable is not just feeling physically comfortable. It's also feeling good in your skin, and that leads to feel confident.
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
“The most beautiful clothes that can dress a woman are the arms of the man she loves.” YSL
With this quote, I would show that clothes are definitely not the only thing in life. Being surrounded by the people you love is what makes you feel special too.
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
Ephemeral things, details, translucent objects..
34. What do you consider very ugly?
Rough texture on touch.
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
For me the fashion industry is about opposites and selling a lot. So if a winter ankle boots are a must, I can imagine that next winter, high boots will be a must. However, now that vintage has come a couple years ago, we can find a lot of different trends in the same season.
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
Usually people that are close to me tell me that when they first met me, they though I was distant and not very friendly (maybe because I don't care about what people think about me). So when I think about me seen from the outside, I think: okey, maybe I should smile a bit more. But I'm not really like that so I end up being myself. After all, that's how I look, and people say that is part of my "charme" because they know me and know that I care about them a lot.
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
2- My mood (Do I feel like wearing dress even if it's cold outside? Maybe should I wear pants so I will be more comfortable? What am I going to do today? [if I am going to be in the office the whole day then maybe I will wear heels])
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
If I'm dressing, I'm putting clothes on, but dressing up is thinking about styling them, matching, taking care about the details.
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
An hybrid between Dress and XXL Men Shirt.
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
Grey & Pale pink mix is me.
Yellow is definitely not me.
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
I have a catholic family, so due to my cultural background I don't feel confortable wearing large V-neck.
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
Yes, when I was younger, when my mom was the one that bought me clothes.
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
To feel professional I only care about my make-up (a bit of mascara, blush,...). For me, clothes reflect my style designing so I wear things that define me.
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
As a fashion designer I don't have dress expectations at my workplace so I can wear whatever I want.
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
I had when I was a boy-scout.
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
No! At the beginning I hated my uniform but I ended up liking the fact that everyone looks the same, and so what is really important is how you are in the inside and how you treat people.
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
It depends. For me it was comforting, I had a very good experience and the uniform was part of my second family.
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
White T-shirt, black skinny jeans, oxford shoes and a leather jacket.
It's a unisex outfit, very simple, and I like dressing like a boy so it's perfect.
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
I sometimes like to dress with man clothes. It's comfortable and I love it!
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
50'! Love man's clothes and girl's skirts and outfits! I would probably mix the two styles to create one in particular!
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
It depends on the day, but usually I think: "OMG I am so skinny!" However, I eat a lot! So it's not a health problem.
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
Love Audrey Hepburn's elegance, Charlotte Gainsbourg aura that reflects a personal style. Kind of "I don't care about anything".
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
Yes! I am a fashion designer!
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
A very tight dress with a vivid or light colour
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
As a skinny girl, I wear what I want. However, sometimes I think that if I would be a huger woman, I would like you wear tight clothes! I love looking to "huge" girls on the streets, or women, who seem to feel very good in their skin, however the fashion industry sais.
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
I don't like when boys approach me so usually I don't wear tight clothes. However, I love wearing skirts, dresses...
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
Yes, but a very soft one. For me, when you hug someone, or say hello with two kisses, that's when you should smell the person. I don't like people that walks on the street with a very strong smell of perfume.