Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I'm comfortable.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Women with my body shape and size, wearing something striking.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
More courage, or more restraint, I'm not sure which.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
No, I'm still waiting for that.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Natural fabrics, good construction.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
jeans, linen tops if I find one that fits.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Yes, something I loved didn't fit, but she loved it just as much.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
high waisted pleated pants like my mom used to wear
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
body not at all, but casual, comfortble style yes
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
not really, but probably
16. Please describe your body.
An apple on toothpicks
17. Please describe your mind.
Slow and quiet, with moments of clarity.
18. Please describe your emotions.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
jeans, t-shirt, loose messy hair
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
1977, b. Calgary AB, now in St. John's NL
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
Economic peaks and valleys, the death of the middle class, northern european immigrant family.
What kind of work do you do?
boring administrative shit, but trying to squeeze in arts projects around the edges.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
uncreative about clothes