Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
dressed up and polished
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
yes, polished, unique
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
pulled together, not sloppy
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
cut off my hair and dyed it blond!
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
always have a statement piece and don't blend in!
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
that another woman also wanted to dress and up and be polished for presenting herself everyday - it's ok to look great!
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
structured coloured blazers - easy to make a statement
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
oh so many! high waist pants - not flattering; too short and too low all at the same time - does not present a positive image that a woman is more than her body; leggings as pants - because leggings are not pants!
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
she worries about her tummy being too big, and now, so do I.
Se loves to wear things that are different than most people (bless her!)
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
yes - go for quality over quantity; start with basics and dress them up; the power of a great white blouse (that btw is impossible to find)
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
rebel outside of the business suit norm
16. Please describe your body.
17. Please describe your mind.
open, complicated and excited to learn
18. Please describe your emotions.
happy and welcoming
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
hotel slippers, sweats, I LOVE Shanghai Tshirt (no bra - woohooo!); hair - normal, short and easy; today's make-up which is ready to be removed
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
if it aids self esteem it is important.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
1975; Brandon, Manitoba, Canada; Vancouver, BC, Canada
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
British, 3rd generation Canadian; upper middle class
What kind of work do you do?
non profit, marketing for international business
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
happy - I'm proud of my style