Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
when i feel happy and when i look good wearing comfy clothes.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
girls who look smart and radiate positive vibes
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
when they look good even when they're on their jeans and teeshirt. when they radiate beauty and happyness even when they're not commercially pretty.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
i didnt like looking pretty with make-up cause that would mean that i would be frustrated when i have none. so i said i'll take care of my skin and all and just be comfortable. i read on articles how models take care of theirs.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
if you dont see yourself wearing it next year dont buy it. preferably, if it's just a fad, don't buy it
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
dress comfortably and to what flatters you. also, basic goes a long way.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
i dont converse on people about fashion :p but i read online articles :)
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
i like it simple.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
lipbalms are always handy and you can always use cotton tees
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
i dont think so?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
everything that doesn't flatter me or too gaudy :)) i dont like the feeling that the clothes are wearing me, rather than me wearing the clothes.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
no! i dont like my mom's lifestyle right now. she's a busy-body. too busy even to takecare of her own health. i learned from it, rather.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
my sister taught me a lot about make-up that's good for the skin and make-up that is really worth the money.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
not that i think of. i always like it comfy
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
i dont want to think about it too much
16. Please describe your body.
17. Please describe your mind.
18. Please describe your emotions.
they are what they are :)
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
coconut oil :) my hair is free, freshly washed and uncombed :p
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
i think it's healthy to take care of ourselves. but also not too much! it's necessary but should not be a big deal.. like breathing!
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
none hehe. my pinterest account
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
comfort means not feeling awkward or odd. comfort is little bit like feeling free. confidence is not having to really care about what others think.
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
don't exagerate. make it simple! look away for a sec from whatever the trends say you should do and find what makes you look good, what makes you happy, what makes you healthy. look for reasonable role models that you can look up to. find out what they do.
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
confidence, positive vibes and empowerment.
34. What do you consider very ugly?
being obnoxious and having full of reasons
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
not so much. i try on clothes first and ask my husband if i look really nice
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
i dont want to think about it too much.
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
comfort and not beong overly dressed
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
swimsuits! cute bikinis and maillots and cool rashguards! but i'd be a pro surfer then.
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
i like it crisp, clean and monochromatic. like a secretary on fashion week.
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
cotton shirt, cotton shorts :) i have cotton shorts that have blue embroidery on them, they're so perfect.
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
behati prinsloo :p because of her laid-back style. keira knightly and emma stone too
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
yes. it's nice to have a signature smell
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
yes. i like them organized
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
my husband bought me the most comfortable pair of clothes last christmas
79. How does how you dress play into your ambitions for yourself?
it shows how i want to present myself to people
80. How does money fit into all this?
it's easy if you keep it simple so you only spend on things you need.
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
coconut oil. lip balm
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
october 25, philippines. quezon city, philippines
What kind of work do you do?
freelance graphic designer and children's book illustrator
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
im married and have one kid
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
i became a mom at 19, this is mostly frowned upon in our culture. I dont like how some people look down on women who have kids, but i hate it more when some girls just give up like that. they feel like their life's over but it's nothing like that. I choose to be better than what people say or think. i choose to focus more on what's important. i choose to not sweat the small stuff. i choose to keep learning and be better for myself and my child. i like that i work at home, i like that i paint for a living. i like that my husband is very supportive and caring. i like how we both like things simple.
i think i wrote it all on my description