Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I feel like the best dressed/put-together (or most appropriately dressed) person in the room.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes! All kinds of looks catch my eye. I think it is more about the confidence of the person rather than the look itself.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Again, I think it is about confidence of the wearer, and really knowing what looks good for you.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
I guess I finally realized that my hair is curly & brown. When I was little, I had straight blonde hair. Over time that changed & it took me a while to realize it. Having curly hair takes a bit more management & I've realized that it really works better when it is long.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
For me, I order almost everything online since I have kids and work full-time. The exceptions are shoes and dresses, and sometimes bathing suits. It is really helpful to be able to try those on.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Hmm. Here I think everyone should follow my rules.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
None. I don't really talk about fashion or style much.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Not really. I'm pretty laid back.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Jeans, I guess. Still searching for the perfect pair.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Things I just haven't liked, like pointy shoes. THings I don't feel I can pull off, like tall boots with skinny jeans (too wonder woman). THings that are not comfortable, like high-waisted pants or skirts.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
I think we have a similar body. Our style is similar in some ways, but she grew up with all sort of rules that are obsolete now, like when you can/can't wear white, hemlines must be appropriate for your age, etc etc etc.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Yes, all the time.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
No. Everything is pretty gradual with me.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
No. THis seems like a weird question.
16. Please describe your body.
I am 5 feet, 4 inches tall. 135 pounds. Usually size 6.
17. Please describe your mind.
squishy with a briny aroma
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Sporty ski-style sweater & long sleeved tee. Corduroy skirt. Gray tights & brown leather boots.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
I don't know. I think it is important to like what you look like, but in the big picture, style/fashion etc is really very unimportant.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
November 14, 1973. Born in Massachusetts, now live in Montana.
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Married, two kids.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?