Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
Right after I get my hair done with all the trimmings. I mean a color and a cut and a styling so that I come out into the sun and BAM!
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I usually notice women that are wearing red lipstick and heels. Always.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I think it's more of an attitude. Even if I don't think their outfit is attractive or flattering if they are laughing and walking down the street with this "come at me world!" attitude it's something that you cannot easily forget.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
I think one day I just woke up and for whatever reason decided to wear red lipstick. I had several shades and I wasn't going anywhere so I thought, "why not?", but I forgot I had it on and went out to do errands, grocery shopping, getting gas, picking up some make-up, and doing laundry. When I got home I realized I still had the red lipstick on. People definitely stared ,I remember. But it looked amazing, and it was when I realized that I shouldn't be scared to be BOLD
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Buying a print that you are not crazy about or that you've probably never worn before you love it, so you buy it anyway. Usually that means that you don't have anything in your wardrobe to really work with the piece and it'll go untouched.... for years!
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I don't think that I follow any specific dressing rules that I wouldn't recommend to anyone else.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
I think it was with my mother when she said that I shoudl wear mini skirts. She said I had legs, so I should show them off because there are people with far worse legs out there (regardless of my own personal issues with my body), and they have no shame in showing them off.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Recently I had a measly (and luckily) one week where I was unemployed. During this week I did some major soul searching because I was recently without a job, and without a boyfriend (someone I really cared about), and this was not how 2015 had started .I felt like it was just one big downward spiral. So I stopped worrying about the bad and focused on the good. I cleaned EVERYTHING I owned, donated a lot of clothing and shoes, got a massage and really thought about what would make me happy. I am sure that attitude translated into my actions when I interviewed for my current, amazing, job. And that new lease on life helped me work things out with my, now, boyfriend (yes, same fellow).
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
I have those V-Neck Target tees, I have soooo many of them. But they work with every outfit. They are 100% work and play appropriate, fit really well. Solid colors are fantastic.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Those stupid hi-low skirts and dresses. There is no reason for that to happen. It looks cheap and childish.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
I got those Russian- Jewish European hips from my mother. Thankfully, I also got her tiny waist, so I'm always grateful.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
never. I think that I am personally, the best dressed out of all of my friends. Not to say they look terrible ,they aren't, but I think that I just focus more of fashions that are timeless whereas they look at things that are looking good in the moment, or are easily available. I almost never follow trends.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
From my first year of college to my senior year in college, I think that I changed my style 100%. I got bolder, and ballsy. I didn't care at all about what people thought, and stopped looking for approval. I started shopping at Anthropologie, Asos.com, Free People, and started buying some really good quality Lingerie. I think with those under my outfits, I felt, and still feel, like WonderWoman.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
I have almost a perfect hourglass figure. My top half is 35 inches, and my waist is 24 inches. My hips are 39 inches. I do have some jiggle in my thighs but I have muscle too. My stomach is as flat as I can manage without giving up cheese and wine.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Right now it's right before work, so about 9:45am in the morning. My hair is not brushed but down. I'm wearing some Simone Perle black undies, with a NIN shirt (what I slept in). My toes are colored pink (OPI, "Kiss me... I'm Brazilian" shade), and my nails are colored a nice ocean blue (whose name I cannot recall). And I'm dreaming of my third cup of coffee.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
The way that I present myself in my job is very important. I work mostly in the home, with children with disabilities, and I am young. SO me coming in looking like I'm right out of High School or college doesn't really inspire confidence in the parents of the people I work with. therefore, I have ot present myself in a presentable manner, however, the nature of my job is also mostly messy, and I cannot dress in Business attire and call it a day. I have to get creative with casual pieces and ensure that what I'm wearing really does sent the appropriate message to the world.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
my best friend and my mom. Sometimes my boyfriend, but I rarely shop with anyone, and only ask his opinions on really important pieces, like heels or dresses, for an event.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
Wearing my lingerie under something sheet. Makes me feel like I'm confident in my body, and I'm confident that I look good. Nothing trashy of course. But a pink lace bra under a nude chiffon shirt screams sexy to me.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
comfort comes from how you feel inside. Before you put clothing on. You can feel comfortable in a dress, booty shorts, anything really, if you believe that you look good wearing them. Then the confidence comes in.
What kind of work do you do?
I'm a behavior analyst
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
no kids, and I'm single
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I'm an immigrant. I came from Belarus to California when I was 5.5 years old.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?