Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I've been active and feel good about myself; also when I have had time to pull myself together.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Thin, elegant, with own sense of style.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Individuality. Love an unusual haircut, or a different looking outfit. Also love it the they have taken time to present a look and not just thrown something on.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Middle age; decided I did not want to look like just another older woman.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
When I find something that looks good, I buy it regardless of need or price.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Wear earring always, wear scarves most of time, wear pants more than skirts.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
Someone told me I could wear any look I wanted when I had said I couldn't t wear a certain style.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Do it my way. Peace. Lack of stress. Give value to people and things that count.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Coats, shoes, handbags. Did not have much growing up, obviously compendating.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Yes. Several pieces.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Shorter skirts; legs are heavy.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
Can't remember a lot about my moms style; she died young.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Yes, very stylish friend and a relative. Careless elegance, use of metallics and scarves.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Got older, needed a new look.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
No, except clothes must function and be pared down, lots of solid colors.
16. Please describe your body.
Size 8-12 depending.... Larger hips than bust, fairly fit, ten pounds from ideal weight. Very healthy. Not good looking legs.
17. Please describe your mind.
Active, creative, loving, need stimulation,needs peace, time alone. Creates almost all the time. Use to write and paint.
18. Please describe your emotions.
Mercurial. Vary a lot. Need to keep even keel. Worry a lot, care deeply about people I love. Need to be more even.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
White shirt, black pants, makeup, shirt, short hair in pixie cut and gold hoop earrings.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
Need to feel put together, like I still care about myself. Need approval of others. Working on this.