Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I am wearing a good outfit
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes, women with unique and stylish fashion
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
When they are comfortable being different or just when they respect themselves with the clothes they wear
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Yes, I just became older and more aware of the wide range of cool clothes there are
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Don't buy heaps of sale clothes that you might or might not wear, just buy a few expensive things that you will wear the heck out of
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I don't mind recommending my dressing rules to others
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
What clothes suit my body figure best
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Be organised and do everything with a positive attitude
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Over-sized Tees and flannelette shirts because they suit me well and are very comfortable
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Leggings and Flip Flops, because they are not attractive to wear
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
Yes, I have taken a lot of my fashion trend from my mum but I didn't get her body type
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Yes, my mum and older sister
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Yes, I realised that I was dressing very boring and that I could take from my sister and become a fashion icon
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
Bigger stomach, medium chest and toned legs
17. Please describe your mind.
Creative and imaginative
18. Please describe your emotions.
All over the place
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
School uniform...(ugh), light foundation, mascara, lip gloss and natural straight hair
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
Make up makes me feel better and school uniform is compulsory
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
Most people I know
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
They don't unless Im at school or sport
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
Yes, taste is the type of clothes you like and style is how you wear the clothes. Both are as equally important
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
Yes, a pair of shorts
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
No not really
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
Not really, sometimes to feel calm or relaxed I will wear track pants and a jumper
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
Yes, I think so, comes from my dad
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
Yes, what suits my body type most but other than that I picked everything up myself
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
Wear tight pants or skirt to show of my legs, wear a bit more make-up than usual and style my hair nicley
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
Someone who feels comfortable and confident with that they wear, how they act, how they speak and how they look are very inspiring
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
Different and unique
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
When someone is nothing but nice and makes others feel good about themselves
34. What do you consider very ugly?
Opposite of above
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
Yes, by picturing that item with all my other clothes
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
Im not really sure
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
Get dressed (have to consider what to wear), make-up on (have to consider what make-up to apply) and brush my hair
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
To feel comfortable but look cool at the same time
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
Dressing is just casual everyday clothes that you feel comfortable in, where as dressing up is maybe wearing more fancy/sexy clothes (sometimes feeling a bit uncomfortable...beauty is pain)
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
I do wear a school uniform, but if you mean if I could choose a uniform out of my clothes it would be jeans, a tee and converse
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
Im not sure, I change quite a bit
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
Nothing special, it doesn't influence how I dress
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
Yes, I used to wear boring clothes such as leggings and comical tees but never again, that was gross
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
Nice make-up, clean and neat clothes and healthy hair
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
I add jewelry and sometimes wear the wrong jumper
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
Yes, school and sport
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
Yes, I answered that above
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
In some ways it is comforting to know that I don't have to pick out a new outfit everyday but then again it can be annoying having to wear an uncomfortable uniform
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
We can pretty much wear what ever we want
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I love fashion
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
Okay, was a bit long and repetitive
Everyone should feel comfortable in their own skin and don't be afraid to be different