Read Surveys (By Author)
Abigail V. Manalo
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
Whenever I feel comfortable with my clothes, and when people notices me with their eyes can't get enough of my look. They kept staring and with my wide smile, I feel attractive.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes, every time I walk on the street. I notice women with good outfits, sometimes at the back of my mind "I think that outfit would be perfect for me, more." then I'll laugh. Kinda weird if you see me on the street. And another type of women I notice, women who has mental disability. I can't help but give sympathy.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Their confidence! The way they wear their outfits, their aura with it and their happy face, you can really tell that they love what they wear.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Yes, fashion specifically. When I attended my very first book signing, I felt that I can be really in to it. And I love dresses! Maybe that's the one reason too.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I have never experienced doing shopping for clothes, but for my obsessions. So I'll based it there, I just buy anything I want, and if I don't have a budget, I make sure to have it by all means. (except stealing of course).
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Don't be just comfortable, I always believe that fashion is all about being comfortable with what you wear, no its not, may be sometimes, but not always. Because there are times in my life that I feel comfortable but I looked like a trash. Maybe this could be applied if you feel beautiful too.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
Presenting yourself properly is not the same with being flirty. Because I'm afraid to look flirty, I don't apply too much make up before, actually I don't really apply it. But when I read a book about being yourself, I feel so motivated to do and experiment some fashionable styles on. I even attended training for my transformation!
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Actually, I am a disorganized person! Haha. But one thing's unified to my way is my motivational approach to my own behavior. I failed often and with the world who's not really kind, and people who's judgmental I really need to lift my self up. Specially when I feel so down and I can really tell that I'm near to depression, I motivate myself, I force my self to accept the facts and reality of life.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Yes! Colorful and eye catchy handkerchief!! Because, I use it everytime! Anywhere I go, I have my handkerchief, I don't want to be seen with dirt on my face or I don't want to have "sweaty" smells. (Ofcourse, my handkerchief has fragrance or fabric conditioner!)
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
I have not experienced yet! But once I do it, no doubt I will really feel good about it. Its something like a part of yours to share with others.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Yes, trending now, the armpit hair. I respect it but I feel gross if I participate with that. Hairs are dead cells, and keeping dead things on our body is not cool. Head hair is exceptional, because I love my head hair, "crowning glory", but some of the time I'd want to try being bald especially at summer!
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My mom's not a stylish and fashion center person. I am first in the family, but my sissy loves it too. She didn't just continue it because of her priorities.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Dressing ideas, no! Items, yes! I love bracelets and necklaces!! My sister's style so awesome and her choices are great! So I borrowed and wear it because I really feel good about it. She's like a designer of my life.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Yes. When I turned to puberty stage. Haha. Because I always dream to see myself skinny and tall, but it turned the other way around. Triangle shaped instead! I used to wear shorts, skinny jeans, straight dresses and clothes that applies to most skinny women but since I am a triangle shape person, I don't wear these clothes anymore.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
No, I haven't consider political concerns on how I look. But on culture, mostly.
16. Please describe your body.
Triangle shaped body, I wish hour glass shaped. Haha. So I have average (but people says its large) breats, small waist (yes, my smallest was 20, but now 30, normally when stressed 24!) and wide hips!! 5" 's my height, and flat footed.
17. Please describe your mind.
Chaotic! I panicked a lot!! Especially when under pressure, but I produce great out comes become of my panicking. Haha. I think a lot, my ideas can't stop even if I'm sleeping!!
18. Please describe your emotions.
I'm mostly happy, even if I'm hurting. I believed that I'll look younger at my age if I stayed being happy. But my tears are shallow.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
For my face, I washed it with my facial cleanser (when at night I put toner and facial cream), for my hair I tied it because its hot today. I'm simple, I didn't put make up today.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
With my sister. My designer. haha.
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
I'm influenced sometimes, and I'm amazed, for example at dress boutiques, I'm wearing my comfy clothes but when I see a really jaw dropping clothes, I tend to ocular the shop and decide right away to but the clothes! So its more of fast changing, for some moments. Haha
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
Taste as of this moment, I am not that deep knowing when about fashion, maybe if to level my knowledge I am just a first grader at primary school.
Taste is about the kind of clothes, materials you want to apply and portray while Style its what you present.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
No. I have not yet.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
My art style! I love colors, too much. Haha.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
Yes. Haha. I feel bad when I'm trembling, the first moment I wore dresses, no sleeves actually but when I put my blazer, I'm okay.
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
I know what I like, but I'm still discovering for more. Same with other ares of my life, especially for my career.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
Pick things and matched up! But my mom kept telling me that we don't machine wash jeans.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
For clothing, sleeveless and dresses!! I feel like a princess and skinny. Haha! For make up, I love when my eyelashes becomes curly, and on my lips, red color of lipstick is the best! Lastly, for my hair, people say I look more beautiful when my hair's not tied, I think I'll agree for that. Haha.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
Confidence, its something you can do even if with people you just met. Its your attitude (lines from my fav book) and the behavior you portray. Comfort, its what you feel when you're calm and you trust that feeling!
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
Don't be contented with the comfort you feel, exceed more and experiment the other styles!
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
The inner self, I guess. Because what's inside us is what reflects on us, Aura specifically.
34. What do you consider very ugly?
Spoiled behaviors! What could be the use of your good looking face if you knock someone's feelings?
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
YES. I am and I'm proud of it. I took hours to finalize my decisions.
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
I'll tell she's not that confident to wear that certain thing she's wearing. But she's elegant, beautiful and perfectly matched for her outfit. She just need to be still and concrete on her self.
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
MY UNDIES! Hahaha. Because I can't manage to calm myself if my inside clothes are not cooperating and I took HOURS to feel alright with it.
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
Perfect presentation, I don't want to look bad in front of others, though its not possible to please everybody but to look quite cool and stylish, different and unique is attainable.
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
Dressing concerns with the clothes to put, and Dressing up is the way you do and presenting it!
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
Colorful, I'll have a pilot's cap, knee length dress with collars (white necktie - until the stomach level) ,belt on the waist, ankle level boots and colored polish nails!
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
Conservative. I need to consider people around me, especially the older ones. Its like I need to please them but its not good really. So I'm more of hiding what I really want to wear.
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
Just corporate attire.
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
KNEE LEVEL DRESSES and ANKLE LEVEL BOOTS!
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
Sometimes! But only for my menstruation month, because I can't "pose up" when that month comess.
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
France! I find their style and fashion elegant and simple.
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
"God. She's gorgeous."
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
I think clothes that concerns with skinnies.
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
Short shorts, sleeveless and above the knee boots!
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
Boys specifically, sometimes only!. Haha
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
No. Sadly, I think I have allergies with perfumes. :(
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
I feel like I'm someone famous .
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
NECKLACES AND BRACELETS!
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
Watches, with Eiffel Tower designs.
67. Looking back at all your purchases over the past five to fifteen years, can you generalize about what sorts of things were the most valuable to buy?
Clothes are necessities, but knowledgeable books are more important and maybe most!
68. Is there an item of clothing that you once owned, but no longer own, and still think about or wish you had back? What was it, what happened to it, and why do you want it back?
My stylist little black dress.
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
Under wears of course. Haha
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
Buy more dresses, few boots and handkerchiefs!
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
Shoes with wheels. Hihi
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
Yes. I'm obsessively compulsive!
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
yes. my Frozen shirt, its a gift from my close friend, she gave it to me on my last birthday. (Honestly, I'm touched because I kept on asking her to give it to me all year long haha) :)
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
Yes. I want to smell like a creamy ice cream!
79. How does how you dress play into your ambitions for yourself?
I believed that the way you dress up reflects on what you want to be in life.
80. How does money fit into all this?
Clothes concerns with money. All we need has to be bought by primarily money!
82. Did anyone ever say anything to you that made you see yourself differently, on a physical and especially sartorial level?
Yes. Someone once told me "You look like a trash".
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
December 20 1994, Marikina City, Philippines, Southeast Asia.
What kind of work do you do?
Concerns about Human Behavior.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
I am single, still studying.
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I work hard, patient with things, I exceed my effort, I don't stop until I achieve what I'm really heading for.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
Happy. I reflect again! :)
I'm a career addict, I want to become successful and I love fashion. :)