Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
when i find the perfect outfit, with or without my makeup on, when i lose weight, when i put my red lipstick on.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
definetely! i watch every girl-woman but the ones that i admire are the middle-aged full of style with their louis vuitton bags with their foulards their boots, pearls flawless manicure, and of course the young-ones that try something new -not very eccentric- but the ones that care more about their style and they achieve it!
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
i admire women who have strong personalities, who speak up, who want to be heard, who want to have a conversation with me even though i am young, i love when i see women taking care of themselves, loving themselves because when you love yourself you can love the others too, women who do not have complexes with their body or their nose their small breast and who want to see that you can get rid of that idea of being flawless.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
yes! i was reallly obsessed with moschino's choco-bob-mac donald fashion show! i found it really worth seeing it more than two times. it kinda reminded me galliano's shows in dior and i loved it. also i adored chanel supermarket. it was so edgy and original. we kinda luck in new things and it was kind of the start of a new era!
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
if you intend on losing weight dont buy clothes that will fit you when you lose your weight. if you finally get rid of them take your clothes to someone to shrink them. also before you start your research write down what you need and how much youre willin' to spend for each and everyone of them.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
i dont think how others will be dressed so i am mostly overdressed, but im getting used to that.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
with my pals -who re not fans of fashion and style- about buying copies. it was a tragedy. :/
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
everything in moderation except from fashion and sleep ;-)
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
jeans! i believe they re never enough! they could be so much different and they re ''cozy'' and relaxed not too edgy but a perfect item for most of the occasions!
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
a friend of mine is so obsessed with victoria's secret but she wasnt given the oportunity to buy anything, so i convinced the others to buy her one of the victoria's secret yoga pants with the wings. she cried ;-)
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
at the beggining i didnt like the idea of the birkenstocks. i wouldnt like seeing them but now that the trend has passed i really feel that i should have bought just one pair of them
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
well my mum's a skinny shortie fan of burberry and louis vuitton wearing not so many trends but more of a-giovanna-battaglia and carine-roitfeld fan! i just love her.:)
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
i like my brother's style. so simple jeans, bermudas, white tanks, caps, boxers and i just figured out that this boyfriend-androgynous style is my style. i keep on wearing his clothes and he still keeps on yelling at me. but i saw this style in freja beha ericssen, cara delevingne and the manrepeller and i feel like im also stealing from them some great ideas.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
when i was 14 i entered puberty i gained weight i stopped swimming and i was really trying to wear something new that i was ending up with black jeans white top a fuschia button down shirt and a checked foulard. it was tragic i still feel really embarassed :(
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
not really, or maybe i cannot distinguish it.
16. Please describe your body.
161cm, 50 kilos, small breast, fat calves, round face, a brunette
17. Please describe your mind.
maybe a bit confused but at the same time determined, and devoted.
18. Please describe your emotions.
tempered, relaxed, all-the-time-excited about new things?
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
a boxer, a green tshirt, i got my glasses on and my hair is in a ballerina braid.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
i feel that it makes me complete, not just buying and wearing but the whole fuss with who wear what, the trends, the style, the runways, the haute couture, the stylists, the magazines, the designers, it's mindtaking
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
my mum and my friend hercules who is also a fan.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
i believe that the one completes the other. if you got a style you can do magics by adding your taste and controversial.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
music, the way i speak and behave.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
i like this dude-like style. and i have adopted it unfortunately in my life. i believe that it comes from the fact that i dont really think i am that barbie-girl, i dont have the body or the mind. i just dont want to be tought as a girl, my behavior, my style, my talk doesnt match with it. also as a feminist -though it sounds bad its not that bad- i believe in womans's freedom of anything that makes her a toy (dressing up as a slut does it).
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
yes, but the didnt do it like school, all of the information was coming to my subconscious.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
heels and a red lipstick
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
comfortable should be anyone in the every day life, sweatpants are not comfortable they are just disgusting unless they are meant to give your outfit a glimpse ;-) confident should feel anyone with anything that he/she wears, that's the actual reason of fashion, to give others an ideaof youself without even having to use your mouth.
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
wear your emotions
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
pale clean skin
34. What do you consider very ugly?
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
before i buy anything i try to see what are the available outfits with this item, it doesnt always goes this way but when it does it works.
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
i try to wear my personality. an instant outfit is created by your feelings the moment you decided to go out. what i wear is more like a stiff lady but i dont find myself so stiff, maybe its just defence.
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
pants -> shoes -> top or
shoes -> pants -> top
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
dressing up is more formal right?
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
if it was a jeremy scott or an olivier rousteing limited edition it would be fine by me.
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
dresses are not me
biker boots and leathers are me
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
i am greek with a kappadokian origin but it has nothing to do with me or my tastes. :/
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
when i started to listen just metal, only metal, i used to wear every single day band tshirts, i still do but just once a week.
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
wear my mums dresses at home (im 17)
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
dont wear them
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
constraining, but it depends on the job
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
black chino or black jeans a white shirt leather jacket and black booties oh and red lipstick (optional)
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
yes, lots of time. but im happy to be born a woman because man's fashion is boring, muahahaha
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
paris, i've been to and it felt home
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
nope, not at all, i am little a turtle at every fuckin picture
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
gosh, why did i ever participated?
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
something bad, chanel's boyish look is really something
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
every dream involves clothes, and after that food
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
the little black dress?
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
bermudas and culottes (love them)
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
no panic, because when you do better have a-ready-outfit that is steady and sure. the one thing that is certain is that the outcome wont be that promiscuous
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
everytime i live my house (miss dior)
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
gymnastics? but im not tha kind of girl anymore
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
its great, just a concealer and a black pencil
63. Is there a certain look you feel you’re expected to like that you have absolutely no interest in? What is it? Why aren’t you interested?
the aquazzura gladiator sandal. as a shoe it is awesome but i dont really like it when being worn, i wouldnt buy one
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
jeans, pants (florals, monochromes, chinos, wide leg), lots of tshirts and shirts, some shorts and skirts, big earrings and lots of rings
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
my vivienne westwood tit tshirt and my kenzo tiger tshirt
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
my diesel jean, because it fits me no longer but it was my favorite item
67. Looking back at all your purchases over the past five to fifteen years, can you generalize about what sorts of things were the most valuable to buy?
my shoes, all of them
68. Is there an item of clothing that you once owned, but no longer own, and still think about or wish you had back? What was it, what happened to it, and why do you want it back?
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
the vivienne westwood tits tshirt
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
i wouldnt buy all this crap i did in my puberty
71. What’s the first “investment” item you bought? Do you still own or wear it?
my kenzo tiger tshirt
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
the Zac Woven Open Toe Bootie in Black by givenchy
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
my mum does, thank god
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
what my mum and dad used to buy me
76. Did you ever buy an article of clothing without giving it much thought, only to have it prove much more valuable as time went on? What was the item and what happened?
yes, an ivoire white leg pant
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
once in a week
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
80. How does money fit into all this?
i look at them as investments
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
a huge lion head ring with blue eyes, its my lucky item;-)
82. Did anyone ever say anything to you that made you see yourself differently, on a physical and especially sartorial level?
that i am a fat potato with eyes... but i had already lost all of my weight so it just felt like the old times.
83. Do you remember the first time you were conscious of what you were wearing? Can you describe this moment and what it was about?
my 6th birthday, i was wearing a blue suit that had as small details winnie the pooh and a red shirt with white mushrooms. oh and also black oxfords (mumls outfit)
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
21-11-97, in volos (greece), in volos
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
like being interviewed, it was great
androgynously in love with fashion, trnds and style.