Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
some days i wake up feeling attractive and some days i don't. This is a big question for myself too. What happens on those mornings?
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
who walks in a certain rhythm
who is self confident
who shines (a certain energy flow i can't explain in words)
whose hair colour is different (like green, purple, pink)
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
showing off their body regardless of their size
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
When i was 14 i intended to wear jeans to a very elegant wedding party and i remember asking mom "why do i have to wear a dress if i feel attractive in jeans?"
This wasn't about being rebellious. I just really wondered why everyone had to be dressed in the same style.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
don't buy something just because it is the sales time
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
do not read and believe the "which body type are you and what is the best style for you" articles.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
when friends and family started telling me "where do you find these pieces? you certainly have an eye"
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
try not to hurt anyone and anything on this planet
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
necklaces because i feel safe and connected with something hanging from my neck. (wow that was harsh! is there a leash syndrome?)
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
yes mostly happens with my younger sister because i know she likes everything buy for her
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
big hips have been passed down to me but nothing else by means of style (i guess)
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
of course that's the most creative part of dressing, i do it all the time on instagram, blogs and magazines.
Even a small detail can be an inspiration.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
After i broke up with my first longest relationship i lost some weight and discovered my body and my attractiveness. Then my style has changed accordingly.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
I live in a muslim country (Turkey) but the city(istanbul) i live in considered cosmopolitan and i feel like being a free soul. But whenever i travel to Europe i notice how districted i am actually.
16. Please describe your body.
17. Please describe your mind.
Details are killing me.
18. Please describe your emotions.
Sometimes full of love an hope and sometimes "this is the end of the world" mode.
Some days so confident and some days "i can't do anything, i'm not successful"
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
a long grey dress (vents on the sides) with a dark brown belt and a scarf on my neck and a long necklace
eyeliner and mascara and dark purple lipstick which i found in the car and decided to put on this morning
i went to the hair dresser yesterday so it looks nice:)
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
reflects that i spend time on myself
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
I was born in Ankara and i live in Istanbul now. (Turkey)
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
Turkish culture is very introvert but the music, colours, patterns are so bold. I like this contradiction in my style too.
What kind of work do you do?
strategic planner in an advertising agency
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
i got married with my high school sweetheart and then got divorced 4 months later. I was 27 then. No kids.
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I like filling out surveys and i find this habit weird.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
great! lots of self discovery