Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I'm dressed nicely and my hair and makeup look nice as well.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I tend to notice women dressed the way I want to dress. I also notice women who seem to be confident in themselves.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I admire the women who can go out in public dressed semi fancy to fancy. I wish I could go out to the mall in heels and a dress and be comfortable! Haha!
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
In early high school I realized people will like you more if you like, or at least give the illusion that you like, yourself! I believe it happened then because high school is the tie where cliques form, and when all the harsh judging is made.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Only buy it if you can guarantee you will wear it! I struggle with this all the time. I see a cute top and I tell myself, "Wow! I have to have this!", but when I get it home it goes in the closet and I maybe wear it once. So upsetting, money is easy to waste.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Dress in what you feel good in. This is a hard one because not everyone feels good in work clothes.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
I was talking to my parent after I came home from shopping and they told me how I should broaden my horizons and stop wearing just a tshirt and jeans. This inspired me to get some nicer looking tshirts that could be worn with a skirt or nice pants, but are still comfy to keep me looking stylish and comfortable at the same time.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Striped shirts! I have lots of shirts with stripes, I think I buy them so much because they are such a versatile item, I can always find a place in my wardrobe for a striped shirt!
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Lots! I typically dont keep up with all the popular trends. They really dont satisfy me, and some of them arent very attractive. Haha.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
No, if anything my style has passed onto her! I have to keep her in the loop of the newer modern things and styles so she stays fashionably updated.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Bringing back flannels is the big one, I have definitely participated in that trend due to my friends.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Yes! I wore a skirt to school, and for the first time I didnt feel uncomfortable. This inspired me to bring skirts and dresses back into my wardrobe and make them a bigger part of it.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
Not at all.
16. Please describe your body.
Short and petite. I have an average weight for my height though currently I am trying to lose a few extra stubborn pounds!
17. Please describe your mind.
I believe I am an extravagant opinionated young woman. Generally I am logical, though I am an avid believer of fantasy!
18. Please describe your emotions.
Usually I am pretty emotional, and my emotions are strong.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Currently, due to the time (11:00 pm) I am in my pajamas, I do not have makeup on, and my hair is its natural frizzy mess!
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
It is important to show diversity among women.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
My mother and friends.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
I bought $100 Dr. Martens boots. I bought them a size too big, but never bothered exchanging them. Now I can only wear them with a pair of fuzzy socks or else my feet swim in them! It's an inconvenience though, because between thick socks and leather boots, my feet get really hot!
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
I picked up the majority of things from my friends and my own surroundings.
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
When my alarm goes off in the morning, I get dressed first thing. I lay my outfit out the night before, but I always end up changing 2 or 3 times before the house anyway. I need to work on picking out something solid.
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
I want people to see me as someone respectable and mature.
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
Dressing is casual, jeans and maybe a nice shirt. Dressing up is basically getting dolled up in a dress and heels.
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
High-waisted pants! I have tried them on so many times but they seem to look good on everyone but me!
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
I thing perfume enhances every woman! I do wear it, daily in fact.
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
Straighten my hair. Naturally it is a huge frizzy fluffy mess! Straightening calms the monster.
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
A sweater I recently got this past winter. It is grey and has a neat Aztec pattern across the chest.