Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When physicly fit, mentally stable, and dressed in something of a good fabric. Something that fits, and is only prominent in that it is of good quality, not because it is flashy or colourful or revealing. When it comes to style, I would say ''French''.
Wearing flat shoes.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I notice women that are dressed like trash, I feel sorry for them. I admire women that dress in a way that suits them (might not be my style, but it's clearly their style).
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I really like it when women with a-typical body types find clothing that suits them so good you almost wish you had their body type. I admire effort.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Somewhere in the first year of working on my job, I realised I could spend way more money on clothing (or on literally anything else) than I ever could before. I loved it, although it felt weird... but I got used to spending more, buying less really quick. Soon I realised that, in the end, expensive clothing can be cheaper than cheap clothing. I also realised how much joy it gives me to not necessarily wear ''fashionable'' clothing, but to wear pieces with nice fabrics and fits (so not the H&M I was used to as a student).
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I don't have that kind of rules
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Don't wear jeans to work (not because I'm not supposed to, but to make a clear line between work and free time, and because I look young and I'm not taken seriously in casual clothing). Don't wear high heals.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
I think it was a series of conversation with my mother. She was ill for a very long time and lost hope, lost the urge to take care of herself and she didn't seem to find joy in dressing nice, she wasn't comfortable in her body anyway, and she felt that somehow she didn't deserve to look nice/pretty/distinctive. I felt differently and gently convinced her to try on dresses, even though her belly was floated, to spend some extra money on thing she felt good in, instead of only buying the cheapest stuff she felt horrible in any way, to try on thing that might look weird/daring/etc on the clothing hook (sorry for my crooked English) but might just look great on her, etc etc. I took years, but now every time I visit she proudly shows me the nice things the bought for herself, and actually take joy in it. She looks nice.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
I think so, a bit. I take things seriously and I engage in everything in quite a systematic way. Apart from that I like to have less of everything, but the things I have I want to last, I want them to be of good quality and I'll be loyal towards it/them.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Apart from underwear and socks and stockings, not that I know.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Many of them. I don't like trends in general (although I do like skinny jeans) (and although I'm aware you can't really escape them), I prefer timeless things. I would never wear uggs, leggings, crop tops, etc. I think it's ugly and stupid and it's not even comfortable.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
It has not. See question 7. In time I'll have a floated belly like her, but that'll take some more years.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Not that I'm aware of.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
As a child I liked 'classic' or timeless looks (as far as that is possicle for a child and as far as ther was money), as a younster I was totally in to hippy dresses and black stuff, wearing a lot of make up, a hat and weird velvet jackets, after that I went back to timeless. Puberty happened.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
No, people expect me to be right wing and/or having rich parents. I'm not and I do'nt.
The only political about it is that I try not to consume as much, and that I'd like it to be fair trade. But those things are not visible for most people.
16. Please describe your body.
I'm petite (for a Dutch girl)/XS/34, fit. Long legs and arms compared to the rest. Small tits but quite a bum (for a Dutch girl). It's more hairy that I'd like it to be. But it's nice, it's a nice body.
(slightly) Tight clothing looks better on my that wide clothing. Long dresses make me look like a leprechaun.
17. Please describe your mind.
focused, wise, worried, systematical, ironical, easily bored, quick, dominant over everything else (that can be quite annoying), growing milder over the years. (sorry for my crooked English again.)
18. Please describe your emotions.
My emotions are not as intense as in most woman I figured. I'm sensitive, but not emotional.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Jeans, socks, hipster, bra (different colour) white-ish t-shirt. Nothing on my face. My hear just dried, I was in the shower some ours ago. Didn't do anything with it (will comb it before I go to bed).
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
See question 1-19.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
friends, mom, somethimes collegues (briefly), brother (about shoes).
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
I have a lot of ''working clothes'' I only wear when I go to work. :)
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
Taste, yes, style, a bit.
taste is way more important.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
Maybe it's just in my character? I have been like this since I can recall.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
Not really. I learned how to sow a bit (and forgot) and how to iron (which I don't do). That's about it.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
I have a boyfriend. No kids yet.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
I feel like I should go to bed now. Otherwise I would have filledin more questions, since it's nice (and a bit silly 'cause I don't know if you do anything with my answers)