Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I'm happy
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I like when women aren't afraid to be themselves
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
I was 13 and got into the scene look. I realized that my heart enjoyed the beauty in it
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I don't have any
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Having tight fitting clothes that hold in my fat lol
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
I go by my morals
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Dresses because they show off my physique
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Prep because most of them act very stuck up
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
I wear thirty and sweats and shorts
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
I went from sporty to scene. Wearing bright colours to black with bright colours splashed in
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
17. Please describe your mind.
Disturbed but enchanting
18. Please describe your emotions.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Black thirty, black slacks, mascara, hoop earings, hatchetman chain, cross necklace, pixie cut black hair with spots of bleach
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
hatchetman was given to me by a dear friend as well as the cross necklace. Black hair looks really good on me as well as the pixie cut. The hoops are part of my stage dressing. My eyelashes are HUGE so mascara makes them look fake
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
My chick friends
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I have style and I know I'm tasteful when it comes to recommendations for others dressing. Style is dressing beautifully and being complimented for it. Taste is knowing what to wear when.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
Tight pants/leggings all the way up to my ribs to smooth down muffin top
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
Yes, I got really dressed up to make myself feel better about myself when I felt like I wasn't beautiful enough
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
Yes I know what I like, but I'm also very indecisive
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
I was never taught what to wear I chose my path on my own
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
I wear tighter shirts that emphasize my breaststroke as well as leggings to emphasize my butt. I also put on bright red lipstick with mascara
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
I am an admirer Of those people as well. Even if a person isn't up to most people's standards and they still love themselves, that's beauty
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
Dress yourself with your inner heart. Don't let others make a judgement upon you, if you like what you have on that is all that matters
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
People with kind souls
34. What do you consider very ugly?
Hatred, bigotry, selfish acts of kindness
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
Yes, if I buy something, I have to really like it, because otherwise I know it won't get worn as often as it should.
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
She'd too big for that, she needs to cover up, she wears too much black, sometimes she looks like a dike. It comes from past judgements of disrespectful people
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
I consider whether or not my excess weight will be noticed, I consider whether the public will look at me offended, and I dress to offend
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
Confidence within myself
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
Dressing is putting clothes on. Dressing up is showing off your inner beauty on the outside
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
It would be a bright coloured dress. Preferably red or blue
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
Vibrant colours, dresses, Gothic look Is me. Not me is prep and nerdy
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
I'm an Irish Mexican, it has no effect on the way I dress
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
I dresses in Capri and thirty or shorts and thirty or tank tops and tennis shoes because I was very into sports
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
I straighten my bangs and spike up the back, I wear a very proffwssional shirt with black slacks or a black or gray skirt
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
I usually wear whatever I want to work unless uniform is required. I will wear what is appropriate for my work setting
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
I have a dress that has roses and skulls on it for performing on stage
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
Leggings with a tshirt. It's comfortable and cute
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
I did dress in guys clothes for a few months To try it out. It was a phase. Jeans, shirts, boxers and shoes
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
70s or 80s
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
That I'm beautiful
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
shorter shorts but not too short, and tanks
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
I like to attract the eyes of anyone. I like to look beautiful for me, but it's nice to get attention from other. just to hear someone tell me I look nice Feels good
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
Just dress for yourself but don't go crazy
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
No I prefer body spray
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
Make sure my extra weight is unnoticeable, have a top that will cover up enough but show a little And I don't wear underwear because they squeeze my extra weight and present it to the world
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
I enjoy plain old mascara, but at times I will crank it up 10 notches and wear black smokey eyeshadow with black or red lipstick
63. Is there a certain look you feel you’re expected to like that you have absolutely no interest in? What is it? Why aren’t you interested?
I don't think there is
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
Mostly dresses and tshirts and leggings and sweats. 1 pair of Capri jeans but no other jeans. Jeans constrict me. I always wear my addiction kills bracelet to remember my friend josh and my hatchetman to represent who I am as well as my hoops
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
A peach coloured dress. I had modified it but it is too short to wear in public. It's more of a stay inside with your lover for a romantic evening type dress. I also need to hem it up.
67. Looking back at all your purchases over the past five to fifteen years, can you generalize about what sorts of things were the most valuable to buy?
The most valuable things for me to buy, was anything that came from Hot Topic because it made me feel Alice to chose my style.
68. Is there an item of clothing that you once owned, but no longer own, and still think about or wish you had back? What was it, what happened to it, and why do you want it back?
Yes, I had this purple splash coloured halter top, I haven't a clue where it went, but it made my figure look gorgeous
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
My rose and skull dress
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
Fill it with eccentric and beautiful fun dresses that mostly consist of cosplay like items
71. What’s the first “investment” item you bought? Do you still own or wear it?
My rose and skull dress, and of course, it's my special occasion and show dress. I'm wearing it tomorrow to go meet a guy :)
72. Was there ever an important or paradigm-shifting purchase in your life?
The first time I went and coloured my hair professionally pink.
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
I don't actually think I have.
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
All my clothes are folded in a suitcase and duffle bag due to my traveling
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
Yes, my hatchetman
76. Did you ever buy an article of clothing without giving it much thought, only to have it prove much more valuable as time went on? What was the item and what happened?
My rose and skull dress lol. I saw it, and asked for my size, then I put it on in the dressing room and had them take the tags off with me still wearing it.
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
I like to go when I know I have enough money, and I usually go on a mall binge for hours with a couple of friends and buy them things too.
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
I like to smell showered and like strawberries
79. How does how you dress play into your ambitions for yourself?
It shows my musical side
80. How does money fit into all this?
I usually get my clothes from thrift stores, so I spend cheap because I know how to piece things together and make them work whether they are cheap and ugly or not
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
My hatchetman and my Addiction Kills/Remember Josh bracelet as well as my FonateLife bracelet and pink and blur yarn finger crocheted ankle bracelet
82. Did anyone ever say anything to you that made you see yourself differently, on a physical and especially sartorial level?
I hadn't tried to dress up intentionally and ended up doing it anyways and getting loads of compliments on my outfit
83. Do you remember the first time you were conscious of what you were wearing? Can you describe this moment and what it was about?
I was probably 12 and it had to do with being judged at school
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
June 24th, Minneapolis, and kind of anywhere right now
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
Homemade Mexican food is the best
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Single, 2 kids, no pets
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I like that I'm built to be a fighter even when my battleship is sinking.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?