Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I am out on a date. I always put in the extra little effort and it lights up my night when he looks at me differently.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I admire simple styles, monochrome, and minimalism.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I appreciate confidence and genuineness.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Minimalism= life altering.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I always ask myself "would this look great in a photo?" if it isn't photogenic, why have it?
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I recommend my style to anyone who asks.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
The realization you only need 30 great items instead of 100 mediocre ones to have a great wardrobe.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Positive vibes only. That is how I approach everything in my life.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Black pants and grey sweaters. I am trying to not duplicate anymore, but I love the simplicity.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
My mom loves a pair of earrings I gave her two years ago.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Leather pants... I just don't like them.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
I look exactly the same as she did when she was my age. She is extremely fit, but not the skinniest. She has strong legs and arms, but a little pouch in the belly area.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
I have raided my mothers closet on many occasions.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Minimalism about 6 months ago. I am working on trying to get down to only owning 30 items of clothing.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
I wouldn't say my politics have any effect on my wardrobe.
16. Please describe your body.
Athletic, tall, proportional body with muscular thighs.
17. Please describe your mind.
I have a lot going on, but I am able to balance my crazy life thanks to scheduled meditation.
18. Please describe your emotions.
Almost always positive, but we all have our off days once in awhile.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Red v-neck long sleeve tunic, black leggings, Bean boots, grey knitted socks, simple stud earrings, natural make-up (light eyebrow filling, mascara, and tinted moisture), hair is in a braid.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
I like to have very little and the things I do keep are extremely important to my life, either as an essential or as a sentimental item.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
Minimalism and neutral colors, I like having all items in my closet be able to match each other instead of single look items.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
I love the way my house looks, that is extremely important to me.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
Whenever I have an exam, I dress really well because it makes me feel more confident.
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
Yes! I am very particular.
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
Extremely. I love doing portraits for my friends who are in art school
What kind of work do you do?
I am a student.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Single legally, but in a long term relationship.