Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I'm fully made up, thinner, and I've taken some time on my appearance in an effort to look attractive.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Ones who aren't afraid of what they look like. The quirky ones, the ones who have obviously spent a while cultivating a style that works for them. I'm envious of that confidence.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I admire the lengths that people go to in regards to make up and changing the way that their face suits on a daily basis. It takes some serious commitment.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
I guess the fact that not every piece of clothing works for every person. Style is subjective and each person has their own unique sense of style. I'm not sure, maybe because I had been feeling insecure about my own style for a while.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Sales don't mean the quality is cheap... buy that shit up.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Do not show your tummy.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
I haven't had that conversation yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Panic, leave it till the last minute and then drown under the pressure. It works.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Jeans, because they suck my fat rolls in cover the things I don't want people to see. They make me feel more comfortable.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
I've bought various pieces of jewellery for people and they seemed to go down well.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Culottes.. with my ass??? No thanks.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My mother likes to dress nice and so do I, that's basically the extent of it.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
I went through quite a 'goth' or more 'Victorian Style' period and I loved it. Lots of chokers and black and black hair and gemstones and I felt like a badass witch.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
Not that I know of?
16. Please describe your body.
Hour glass chubby booby.
17. Please describe your mind.
Fast paced, loud, slightly neurotic.
18. Please describe your emotions.
Controlled, empathetic, sometimes tinged with sadness and melancholy.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Just woken up so night and eye cream on my face, my hair is half done up as it all fell out due to its length and I'm wearing a t-shirt and undies.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
I guess because style and clothes are quite personal and a reflection of the individual, it's interesting to find out the motives behind people's armour.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
17.11.1995, born in England, live in Auckland New Zealand.
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
Fairly average, nothing to report.
What kind of work do you do?
I'm a student.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
I'm in a committed relationship, no children.
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I'm 21 years old so these answers may change.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
A bit strange actually.