Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
when my lipstick matches my outfit
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
i admire practically all women around me that hold themselves with confidence. that tends to be the thing i mostly pick up on, if a women holds herself tall and looks effortlessly proud and comfortable, she automatically seems admirable because in some situations that is very brave.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
i admire women that present themselves however they deem fit. women that do what they want even when it isn't considered the 'norm'.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
i don't remember a specific moment, but when i was about 13 i just gave up with caring about what other people thought and dressed how i wanted. i think it mostly happened at this time because it was when my parents started to oppose a lot of the things i was wearing (e.g short skirts etc) and i just didn't understand why they had so many rules, so i gave up crying and wore what i wanted and used fashion to represent myself.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
my, sort of, life motto is along the lines of "no one cares, just work harder". I'm certain this doesn't apply in all situations, but is how i approach things in day to day life like work, chores, working out etc.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
i have about 4 plain black t-shirts, 3 plain white t-shirts and 3 plain grey t-shirts, that are all exactly the same style. i buy them because it means that i can put them with practically everything and i won't think that something in my outfit is clashing.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
crop tops with slogan or words like 'geek' or 'nerd', or any item of clothing with these kinds of embellishment. i don't think they look good on most people and they make me feel like a 11 year old girl.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
i have very different style from my mother.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
i tend to swap and share a lot of clothing with my sister, like most sisters do.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
when i was younger i wore a skater skirt everyday that i wasn't at school. i refused to wear anything else because i didn't like change and was scared of people not liking my style, so i thought if i wore the same thing everyday then that wouldn't happen. my style changed dramatically when i didn't wear these skirts ever again. it was all because i went on holiday with new people who had a quirky style and i knew they wouldn't care.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
a large hourglass shape. like a week-long timer, when a regular hourglass is only 1 minute long.
17. Please describe your mind.
very different to what people think ,but isn't eveybodies. my mind is fairly book smart and somewhat street smart, but always overthinking.
18. Please describe your emotions.
i don't really understand other peoples emotions (that or i don't care about them). i am very honest and i get frustrated easily.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
i am wearing pj trousers, a vest top and a big fluffy jumper. my nails are mostly chipped and I'm wearing zero makeup. my hair is in a wonky ponytail.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
what is 'this stuff'? but i think fairly?
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
i think i have eclectic tastes when it comes to other peoples fashion choices, but I'm very specific when it come to mine. i think style is more important.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
i asked my mother for a wool cardigan for around £70 from superdry, when i was younger. i never wore it ever and that has always felt like the biggest waste of money to me, mostly because it was someone else money wasted because of me.
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
recently i have learnt that wearing a casual outfit with a fancy (ish) bra or bralett underneath that is showing, can pass as somewhat fancy.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
whenever i feel stressed about working or not in the mood to work, i always get completely ready and do my hair, makeup, the works. it makes me feel like I'm in control and can tackle anything and be anything.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
i was taught how to care for a lot of clothing, but most style ideas have come from either the internet or walking round streets.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
i think wearing anything that makes you feel confident is how to feel sexy. even if it means feeling confident in jeans an a t-shirt or feeling confident wearing nothing, both are equally as sexy.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
as i said near the top of this survey i admire confident people. i think comfort leads to confidence.
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
i have no clue what I'm doing most of the time
34. What do you consider very ugly?
a lot of personalities.
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
a school uniform
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
yes, mostly piercings and jewellery
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
comforting mostly, but sometimes infuriating
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
i love the fashion of the 1950's in britain.
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
..... oh dear
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
i like the soothing process of applying makeup, i dot really care how it looks when I'm finished
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
minimal jewellery, minimalist clothing
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
i keep a tie dye t-shirt with a bleach stain on it, because it was my mothers and she was really sad when is got stained, even though its not very nice, i still keep it and never wear it.
68. Is there an item of clothing that you once owned, but no longer own, and still think about or wish you had back? What was it, what happened to it, and why do you want it back?
my gymnastics leotard from when i was younger. it was thrown out because i was growing too big for it and i want it back because i miss the time in my life that i hold with that leotard.
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
not waste money on pointless things that you will come to hate in a few years.
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
the perfect pair of jeans
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
i try to keep them neat
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
im not sure if this counts, but i was given my grandmothers earrings when she died, and i love them.
76. Did you ever buy an article of clothing without giving it much thought, only to have it prove much more valuable as time went on? What was the item and what happened?
a pair of denim shorts. i never used to wear shorts. ever. but i went on holiday and i knew that i would overheat if i worn anything long, so i brought a pair of shorts. i wore them everyday and fell in love with them.
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
i shop best with my sister and/or mother in town or london. i am very apprehensive about buying clothes online, so rarely do, however, i will buy as much underwear or as many non-wearable objects as my heart desires online. just not clothes.
80. How does money fit into all this?
i try to save as much as possible for bigger 'investments', but most of my money is spent on regular, everyday clothing instead
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
i was born in 2001, in ascot, and i live in reading now.
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
I'm only 16
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I'm only 16
How do you feel after filling out this survey?