Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I've had time to do my hair and makeup- and when I'm wearing an outfit I know I look good in
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes! I always notice women who have what I want- the good clothes, the perfect makeup- basically the ones who look well put together in general.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
an individual sense of style- with all the trends that are going on today, I think it's unique when a woman doesn't necessarily buy into them
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Yes, I was reading about minimalism and of course a big part of that was clearing out our closets. I realised that I had clothes that I didn't necessarily love and wear. I had them because they were something I would ideally wear. I realised that it is possible for me to buy only the clothes that make me feel really good
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Get it if you really want it. Sometimes it's good to indulge our inner princess and get her that shiny new bag. I don't follow this because I have always had to budget and be careful with my money
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
I thought everyone cared about how they looked liked and dressed until I asked one of my friends why they put no effort in how they look- clothes, hair and makeup. They said it's because they don't believe n outward appearances coming before the inner person. I don't believe this to be true and it bugs me that they think that way
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
put in the work and be optimistic about it. I never follow through with this most of the time as I get bored quite easily
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
jeans- I feel comfortable in them...maybe too comfortable because I know they're not appropriate for every occasion
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
yes. I gave my best friend a black leather jacket that didn't fit me as well as it did her- she looks great in it and it complements her wardrobe and I feel good when I see her in photos in it.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
crop tops- my body isn't for them. I have tummy fat and an uneven skin tone- these aren't flattering.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
I have my mothers body. I don't like it. I don't have her style which I appreciate because I take time to dress according to my body shape and not just wear things because they are pretty.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
no. I've always been reserved in the way I dress because I always feared for negative criticism.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
I'm of medium height and build. I have a beautiful long-ish neck. I have scars and uneven skin tone all over my body. I have a bigger tummy than desirable and my tits and legs are okay.
17. Please describe your mind.
I have a curious mind. I almost always never say no to a learning experience. I have a thinking mind- I think why...I think how..I like to plan things out...
18. Please describe your emotions.
I have suppressed emotions- I feel a lot but show only a little. I would like to show more but it makes me feel vulnerable which is uncomfortable
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
no make up on my face. No underwear just an old long sleeved tee and jogger pants that are one size bigger. My hair is shaved. no jewelry. I have chipped nail polish on my fingernails
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
how you choose to dress says a lot about what's important to you and gives a glimpse into what kind of person you are.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
my sister and work colleagues
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
I like that I feel constantly pushed to do something with myself.
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
I feel sad that I do not use dress to express the awesome view of myself I have.
I am a lonely girl in her early twenties looking for my purpose in life and trying to eat healthy. I am also living in a new country.