Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When i have had time to get ready eg. brush hair, wash face
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Tall women with short ginger hair
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Some other women are very confident and they stand up for themselves.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
From a young age i was a rather girly girl. I always wanted long hair. I don't really wear make up.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I give myself a budget.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I am shy of bright colours.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
I talked with my friend Sarah when i was about 17.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
I try to be as positive, especially around the kids.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
I once gave a necklace to a friend and she wears it to this day.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
I got a lot of my dad, but i'm quite short.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
All the women in my family tend to wear stripes.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
When I was 10 I went from tomboy to girly girl.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
I am short, skinny and weak in strength. I have long blonde hair and green eyes.
17. Please describe your mind.
My mind is in a good mindset.
18. Please describe your emotions.
I am very happy.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
I am on my sofa in my pjs watching Match of the Day. My hair is down.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
I dont know.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
My sisters and friends.
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
They do not.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
My style is relaxed but pretty.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
I one spent £20 on a top and the next day I found a hole. The company refused a refund!
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
A lot of our house has a scandi style.
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
My parents taught me to look after what I have.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
I like pastels and positive slogans.
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
34. What do you consider very ugly?
Brown leather in clothes except from shoes.
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
I see what else in my wardrobe would go with it.
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
I wash my face, brush my teeth, get dressed and brush my hair.
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
A t-shirt, jeans and Docs.
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
My mum was from France and moved to England, where i live. My dad was from Lincoln.
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
When I was little.
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
T-shirt and jeans.
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
If i like the pic or not.
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
What i currently wear.
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
I love perfume. I get mine from So..
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
I do not wear make up
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
I own quite a lot of clothes.
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
My dungarees that match my 5 year old daughter's.
67. Looking back at all your purchases over the past five to fifteen years, can you generalize about what sorts of things were the most valuable to buy?
My wedding dress.
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
My Nottingham Forest hoodie.
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
I have a big IKEA wardrobe.
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
I got an initial necklace from my parents.
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
At the weekend.
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
80. How does money fit into all this?
Me and my husband earn a lot of money to help bring up our 3 girls.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
9th November 1988
What kind of work do you do?
I type out revision booklets for secondary school students.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
I am married. I have 3 kids, Alice 8 Evie 5 and Harriet 14 months.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
Ifeel very happy.