Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
20 years before
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
they seem to be gentle and helpful, nice characters
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
It was just yesterday, I decided to stop diying my hair and let it grow down and have my own grey, rather white hair.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I have no shopping rules. I buy what I love
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I where what I like and I am not really interested in trends. As the matter of fact I do not no what are the trends as I do not care.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
I do not remember one.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Yes!!! I do what I want and like, and do not care anyobodies opinion on that.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Yes, shoes. I have very small feets and if I find the right size very rarely I buy the shoes in as many colours as the shop has in the same size.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
I do not think so.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Oversize, over heals, those trousser in which you look like you wear the trousers with all the shit you made that week.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
I like same colours and patterns.I suppose trends do not vary just return time for time. I love knee long slim fit clothes, with elbow long sleeves.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
I stopped to wear short skirts. Nothing special happened just realized, that my thighs are not nice enough any more to show them up.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
17. Please describe your mind.
18. Please describe your emotions.
I think I am rather rational then emotional
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
I am at home and wear leggings with loose pullover. My hair is freshly washed and loose, there is nothing on my face exept day cream.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
I want to read the book and that is why I visited this page. It is just interesting to see the questions and fun to answer them.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
With one of my friend.
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
I do not understand what you mean under institution but if you mean for instance theater, then yes I try to keep tradition and wear something else then t normal daily clothes which are sporty for me.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I do not know the difference between the two. Tastes are different and a depending on my taste I think someone is stylish or has bad taste.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
I bought a cocinelle bag.
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
I learned not to show my wrinkles. In winter I look much younger then in summer:)
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
Yes I think I have a speak and writting style, at least on my native language.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
Yes I definitely know what I like. I think I trust myself I have self.confidence I do not care what generally others think of me so I dare to do what I like.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
I think I picked more up then teaching. My parent if they were speaking at al of style it was rather behaviour style they were speaking about.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
I am 65 , I try not to feel older then I am by trying to much to look sexy. It is my hair which helps me and clothes which fit the best my figure.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
I want to feel comfortable and if I feel comfortable then I am very confident. Nowadays I do not wear high heals at al, becouse it is not confortable for me and so I am not confident in them.
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
Wear what you like, do not wear just trends.
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
34. What do you consider very ugly?
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
Not very good judge but I have some years of experience. The fabric is the key for me.
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
When I look at myself I always see myself with my own eyes. I think that I am quite fit to my age and though I see all what changes for the worse during the years.
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
weather, occasion, my mood.
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
comfortable wear and good feeling wearing that dress on that day.
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
A nice colourfull dress.
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
elagant, sporty, casuall is me
eccentric, vulgar, kitschy is not me
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
I grow up and live in Hungary which was a communist (east block) country.Fashion and fashion trends were not the most important things in the 60-s 70-s. It was much more important to be "cultured" which ment behaviour and reading to know something about art. I think these are my influencer still now.
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
Well when I was in my twenties I dressed quite differently of course. I did not wear trousers at all, just short skirts, long hair, and make up.
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
I have my on business, so I do not have to conform or rebel. I wear what i like.
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
When I was a child I had uniform, as far as I remember it was indifferent.
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
A well tailored dress. It is very comfortable and suitable everywhere exept of course during sport.
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
No, absolutely not
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
I look much better in life. Who is that ugly women on that photo?
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
I could mention designers and their style, but not other figures from culture.
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
I do not remember any.
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
Half naked at a gala event
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
sleevles dresses, V-neck I am comfortable with my body it is just my wrinkles I do not wish to show up.
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
there is no
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
I used to wear daily but rarely nowadays
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
I do not use make at all.
63. Is there a certain look you feel you’re expected to like that you have absolutely no interest in? What is it? Why aren’t you interested?
I think tastes are different, I do not care what am I expected to like or do. I do and like what I want not what I am expected.
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
I own to much of every kind of clothing becouse I rarely select them, I have more then twenty years old pieces in my garderobe and sometimes even wear them. I never wore to much jewelry, do I have a lot.
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
A little black dress
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
A spring colstume, it is at least 15 years old, but there was no spring in the last 12 years. I do still hope there will be a spring in the future.
67. Looking back at all your purchases over the past five to fifteen years, can you generalize about what sorts of things were the most valuable to buy?
Shoes, trousers, pullovers.
68. Is there an item of clothing that you once owned, but no longer own, and still think about or wish you had back? What was it, what happened to it, and why do you want it back?
No, there is no
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
A winter coat
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
71. What’s the first “investment” item you bought? Do you still own or wear it?
A mink coat,
72. Was there ever an important or paradigm-shifting purchase in your life?
Well when I tried to give up black and bought darkblue instead of it.
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
A very well fitting dress.
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
I try to keep things neat and in order, but sometimes I have to rearrange everything.
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
76. Did you ever buy an article of clothing without giving it much thought, only to have it prove much more valuable as time went on? What was the item and what happened?
A summer dress. I wore it a lot. It was very worn after at list 7-8 years so I simply throw it away.
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
I travell a lot and if I something on the spot what I like very much and fits me I buy it specially in Italy. It is the same at home.
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
79. How does how you dress play into your ambitions for yourself?
My dress is not in connections with my ambitions. But I am not quite sure if I understand the question well.
80. How does money fit into all this?
Money is not my ambitions any more.
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
ther is no
82. Did anyone ever say anything to you that made you see yourself differently, on a physical and especially sartorial level?
Do not remember anything.
83. Do you remember the first time you were conscious of what you were wearing? Can you describe this moment and what it was about?
It was at least 60 years ago and I wore a light blue summer dress and I went with my mother to a photographer.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
1956 Budapest Hungary
I still live in Budapest in Hungary
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
I am divorced, and have no children
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I enjoyed and enjoy my life, I am not a family person, I love to travel, mostly alone and see the world, and other cultures.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
I wish I had not forget so much of English language