Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When all my wiggly bits feel covered. When I have a glow from good living (exercise, good relationships) etc. when I have my makeup and hair done ... I went through a depression where it was next to impossible to brush my hair, put on makeup, wash my face. I felt very bad about myself and my appearance
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I do notice women on the street. I admire the ones who appear happy and confident. I admire women who dress in bright fun colors and pattern and who look confident in them. They don’t appear to care what others think. I admire that
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I admire courage - do bold prints, neons, sequins etc. i also admire cohesion - it looks like thought went into their outfit
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Gor me it was following trinny woodall on Instagram. She has inspired me to wear clothes that may be bright and out there if they give me joy. I should look at something a d if it gives me joy - buy it and wear it with pride!
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I don’t buy low rise pants as they are not flattering on my figure (muffin top city). I also do not buy empire waists - i have large breasts and they are very unflattering. I think it’s better to have it cinchyin around my natural waist - not tight under my boobs.
But some women can pull those off
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Same as above
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
Can’t really think of one
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
No - I wish!
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Yes. My fear is that the company may stop making them. So I will buy multiple if I find something that I love with a very flattering look.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Yes. Jewelry. Not clothing
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Peplum. Bib tops.
Just not for me.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My mother has never thought much about fashion (or at least that I know of). She always just picked non-descript items and wore them. She was also a single mom of 4. She didn’t have much time or money to think of those things
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Yes. Many ideas and items from one of my friends who has a great sense of fashion
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Now! I am determined to stop buying and reaching for neutrals. I want to inject more color and life into my wardrobe!
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
Hourglass but overweight. Currently a size 10. Used to be a 6
17. Please describe your mind.
Anxious. Neurotic. Always worrying. Always thinking about what others think of me. Afraid to offend
18. Please describe your emotions.
Anxious. Happy. Guilt. Shame.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Chambray shirt with loose black pants. My hair is chin lenght and naturally wavy. Hair is down and held back with a clip
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
Its important in that it makes me feel a certain way. Going through a depression - wearing sweatpants everyday did not make me feel good about myself.
Not to say clothing can cure depression. But clothing can effect mood. It can amplify it for better or for worse
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
1989. Born in canada. Currently live in the US
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Engaged. No kids
How do you feel after filling out this survey?