Read Surveys (By Author)
Fashion styling class 3
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
under the blanket.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
I was nine years old. I was reading a fashion magazine and I saw a Dior advertising with a kid my age wearing a pink dress . I understood that I liked fashion.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I buy fast fashion but I shouldn't.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Colors and shapes combination.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
A discussion with a professor about how clothes and dresses are important in politics.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
I have two identical black jeans (Souvenir) and two identical white t-shirt.I keep buying it because I like it. They represent who I am. I don't want something else.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
I made a skirt and give to a friend of mine. Very proud of it.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
I stole everything from my cousin's wife.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
16 years old. I restarted dressing as my mom was advicing.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
I try not to wear anything fast fashion. Not wearing the bra. Not wearing always something feminine.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
It is important because talking about fashion is talking about society. By dressing we express our personality. Fashion is a way to find my tribe.
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
I feel when I come to school I have to wear differently.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
Taste is innate.
Style is something that you develop.
You can apply taste to style but not style to taste.