Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I am dressed in a skirt or dress, with my hair all done up, and lipstick on.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Women who dress up, who can work heels, and just women who look altogether confident.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Definitely confidence. I also love women who know how to wear lipstick.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
When I was younger, I didn't realize that more makeup was MORE makeup. I came to realize that less IS more, & that my natural beauty would show more with less makeup. I came to realize this because I was getting more mature, & I noticed more and more women just looked like they had paste on their face.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Buy more cardigans!!!
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
You have one lazy day a week.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Cardigans. I love to cover up my body, aka self confidence issues, so I like to wear these.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
I got my mother a beautiful too from New York & co., and she still wears it, years later.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
High heeled sneakers. Because they are hideous, & worse than parachute pants.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My mother loves comfort, & I think she has passed this need to be comfortable at all times down to me & my sister.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
My grandmother loves cardigans, & I wear those a lot.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
I love to let the feminist shine in my outfits. I believe in wearing what makes you comfortable, including hi-rise shorts & crop tops. Whether this makes grandmas or chauvinists uncomfortable about my sexuality, then that's their opinion, & it shouldn't affect the way I feel about myself.
16. Please describe your body.
I am very tall, with little curves. My stomach is flat, & so is my butt. My boobs are average.
17. Please describe your mind.
I am very free-thinking. I believe that we as humans have a right to feel how we feel, dress how we dress, & believe how we believe. No one has the right to judge someone, and every human is equal until the day they die.
18. Please describe your emotions.
I am super emotional. I get depressed very easily, & cry at the drop of a hat.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
I am wearing a t-shirt from high school, & Nike shorts. My hair is down & natural, & my face is clear of any makeup.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
Clothing is important because the way you are dresses can effect your happiness. Dress the way you want to dress. Dress for you.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
My sister and mother.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
I once paid $40 on a pair of overalls. I hated them the moment I put them on. I lost the receipt and couldn't return them. They were black and white striped, and I looked like a prisoner.
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
Put a cardigan on it, you will instantly make your outfit a little dressier.
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
Someone who isn't afraid of showing their natural self. Someone who believes that dressing to feel beautiful is in itself something beautiful.
34. What do you consider very ugly?
Someone judging someone else on their appearance.
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
Bad judge. I judge on things that are cute, not what I will necessarily wear.
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
A cardigan, skinny jeans, converse, and maybe a nice shirt.
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
The fifties and sixties. Audrey Hepburn and Jackie O are my fashion idols.
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
Jackie O. & Audrey Hepburn.
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
A knit cardigan, dark brown, very winter-y.
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
A tan trench coat. I adore those.
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
I have a peach colored beaded bracelet that my therapist have me a while back, & I wear it everyday.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
January 29, 1998
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
My family has always been a little over budget on things, so finding things that fit into budget have been hard.
What kind of work do you do?
High school student
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I'm very shy, & altogether self conscious
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
A little but better about myself, which I can't explain.
I'm sixteen years old, a junior in high school. I have ADD & have struggled with depression. I have always been self-conscious, & try to blend in.