Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
when i feel confident for whatever reason
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
yes. women who are dressed in the style i personally like. i usually want to know where they got their outfits
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
how they dress/seem confident
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
coveting clothing you can not afford but looks good on other people who can afford it (not really a shopping rule, but a browsing rule)
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
don't wear things with holes in them (again, not a rule, but something i do out of necessity)
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
i don't think i've ever had a transformative conversation about fashion
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
get 'er done
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
tights (they're functional)
sweaters (they're warm/cuddly/functional
boots (functional and cute!)
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
uggs - bc they're ugly
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
my mom and i have similar body types bc we're related
we do not share the same style, although sometimes we do overlap on a single item.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
from 18/19 - to 20 on
I was a hippie chic in high school and when i graduated I moved to chicago and realized i didn't really like baggy pants and tie-dyed shirts
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
i try not to show off my body too much, but i'm not sure if that's 100% political or just attention-from-strangers adverse.
16. Please describe your body.
short, petite, small butt. tummy pouch. nice legs. decent breasts.
17. Please describe your mind.
smart, funny, engaged, inquisitive, thoughtful, feminist
18. Please describe your emotions.
sensitive, defensive. loving, kind
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
a silk shirt, black skinny jeans, oxford shoes, orange socks, hair is down (dried naturally and is wavy), makeup is concealer powder and mascara
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
no, not at all
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
friends, boyfriend, colleagues
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
a pair of $200 shoes that hurt so i wore them like 4 times
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
control top tights (everyone knows this trick)