Read Surveys (By Question)
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would say?
Simple and elegant with a little bit of edge and personality.
Know yourself and dress to represent the best version of that self. Don't try to be someone you are not.
You come first,style will follow.
Dress yourself with your inner heart. Don't let others make a judgement upon you, if you like what you have on that is all that matters
I would say:
- Choose nice fabrics. Spend more on well-constructed things, and have fewer of them.
- Definitely indulge in "fast fashion" when you want to try out a new trend or a look (ahem, culottes).
- Figure out what areas of your body you like, and keep them in mind when you're dressing.
- Wear your actual size. It doesn't matter if you size up a ton in a certain brand, and lying to yourself about your size will only get you puckered fabric or drowning in material.
- Try to identify what makes you happy about your favorite items, and seek that out in new ways.
Dress to suit your figure, and buy things that will last and look good together.
I am an expert at my philosophy, because it is mine, without hypothetical situations.
Style experts are a crock of shit. I would say, wear what you want, use common sense, and have fun with it, if you want to. Do your own thing. Also, stop buying cheap crap.
Be yourself and don't push too hard
Mmmmmmh. This is hard. Style is almost an art, it requires the eye, the brain and the instinct.
Just because something is expensive doesn’t always mean it’s better quality. Find your power color. Don’t follow trends or be fearful of wearing clothes that are “out of season” or “out of fashion”; anything can be timeless if it fits well and flatters you. Be honest with yourself about what looks good on you. Let yourself be inspired. Layers! A smile is the best accessory. Modest isn’t hottest.
Be kind to you
Dressing is an advert for your personality.
left bank parisian chic. A little boho and rock, but mostly classic.
Make sure what you're wearing actually fits you. Make sure you're wearing something you want people to notice in the right way.
Make sure what you're wearing is at least a little bit interesting.
Nope not an expert just a person who knows how to dress according to different occasions
I wear what suits me, discreet/ private, not over fussy, colour coordinated, block colours
My style philosophy is to combine things that are unconventional (ex: formal evening gowns and cheap spiky jewelry from Hot Topic). Also, the number one rule of fashion is following proportions. It's hard to explain without a visual guide, but you know what I mean.